Welcome to the Regional + Local Housing Study. This study began in 2018 with the goal of addressing housing questions from localities across the New River Valley.
The study incorporated regional and local data as well as input from 10 focus groups and over 1,100 online survey responses to develop seven regional housing strategies and tailored strategies for each locality. The Regional Commission partnered with the Virginia Center for Housing Research at Virginia Tech, Housing Forward Virginia, and czb, LLC to provide housing market data collection, analysis training, and strategy development.
A summary of all findings and strategies can be found in the Consumer Report. The Detailed Report contains the unabridged study findings and regional and local strategies.
The Regional + Local Housing Study was funded in part by Virginia Housing and members of the Regional Commission.
For further information, please contact Jennifer Wilsie (email@example.com), 540-639-9313, ext. 204.
- Detailed Report (full-document download)
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- About the Study (study team, data and methodology)
- Important Terms and References
- The Importance of Housing
- Market-wide (regional) Findings
- Montgomery County Local Profile
- Floyd County Local Profile
- Giles County Local Profile
- City of Radford Local Profile
- Pulaski County Local Profile
Regional and Local Strategies
- NRV Regional Strategies
- Floyd County and Town Local Strategies
- Giles County Local Strategies
- Montgomery County Local Strategies
- Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg Partnership Strategies
- Town of Blacksburg Local Strategies
- Town of Christiansburg Local Strategies
- Pulaski County Local Strategies
- Town of Pulaski Local Strategies
- City of Radford Local Strategies
- Radford City-Radford University Partnership Strategy