Montgomery County, Virginia – In partnership with the New River Valley Regional Commission, Montgomery County and City of Radford are seeking feedback from citizens regarding the current status of broadband in our communities. Please visit http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/
In addition, paper copies of the survey and collection boxes like the one pictured here are available at the following locations.
– Blacksburg Municipal Building, 300 South Main Street, Blacksburg, Va.
– Blacksburg Library, 200 Miller Street SW, Blacksburg, Va.
– Lewis Gale, 3700 S Main Street, Blacksburg, Va.
– Town of Christiansburg, 100 E Main Street, Christiansburg, Va.
– Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke Street, Christiansburg, Va.
– Christiansburg Library, 125 Sheltman Street, Christiansburg, Va.
– Meadow Creek Library, 267 Alleghany Spring Road, Shawsville, Va.
– Radford City Hall, 10 Robertson Street, Radford, Va.
– Radford Library, 30 W Main Street, Radford, Va.
– Carilion, 2900 Lamb Circle, Christiansburg, Va.
In March, Montgomery County issued a Request for Proposals seeking consultant services that will support the development of a broadband plan for both Montgomery County and the City of Radford. The intent of the study is to:
• assess current broadband coverage gaps;
• analyze infrastructure needed to deliver broadband service;
• utilize data from a forthcoming community-wide survey;
• receive input from a project management team comprised of broadband stakeholders in the public, private and citizen sectors; and
• create sample partnership agreements the local governments may use to support future deployment solutions.
The plan development process is anticipated to last six months with a final plan anticipated in the fall of 2019. The intent is to utilize the plan to prioritize implementation projects that will address access issues to un-served and under-served areas.
Preparation of the broadband plan is being supported with funding from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development through the Community Development Block Grant Program. For more information, Christy Straight at 540.639.9313 or email@example.com.